1. the seat within a bishops diocese where his cathedral is located
2. perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight; 例子 "You have to be a good observer to see all the details"; "Can you see the bird in that tree?"; "He is blind--he cannot see"
3. perceive mentally, as of an idea; "Now I see!"; "I just cant see your point"; 一样 "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I dont understand the idea"
4. perceive or be contemporaneous with; "We found Republicans winning the offices"; "Youll see a lot of cheating in this school"; "I want to see results"; "The 1960 saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions"; "I want to see results"
5. imagine; conceive of; see in ones mind; "I cant see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
6. consider or deem to be; regard; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I dont see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
7. get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
8. see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie"
9. find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
10. come together; "Ill probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"
11. be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
12. go to see for professional or business reasons; "You should see a lawyer"; "We had to see a psychiatrist"
13. go to see for a social visit; "I went to see my friend Mary the other day"
14. visit a place, as for entertainment; "We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning"
15. take charge of or deal with; "Could you see about lunch?"; "I must attend to this matter"; "She took care of this business"
16. receive as a specified guest; "the doctor will see you now"; "The minister doesnt see anybody before noon"
17. date regularly; have a steady relationship with; "Did you know that she is seeing an older man?"; "He is dating his former wife again!"
18. see and understand, have a good eye; "The artist must first learn to see"
19. deliberate or decide; "See whether you can come tomorrow"; "lets see--which movie should we see tonight?"
20. observe as if with an eye; "The camera saw the burglary and recorded it"
21. observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect; "The customs agent examined the baggage"; "I must see your passport before you can enter the country"
22. compare (used in texts to point the reader to another location in the text)